Interior Decorating and Design
Although the terms interior decorating and interior design are sometimes used interchangeably, these two disciplines are very different.
Interior decorating is generally focused on the selection and presentation of décor styles, furniture, accessories, finishes and room layout within an interior space. Interior decorators work mainly with homeowners, intuiting their clients’ desires and personal tastes in order to develop interior concepts suited to the needs and preferences of each individual.
Interior design, on the other hand, involves manipulating the architectural integrity of an interior space for practical and aesthetic purposes. Interior designers work with environmental psychology, architecture, product design, and traditional decoration. They are often responsible for designing corporate or commercial interiors.
Interior Decorating Courses
- Short Course in Interior Decorating
- Comprehensive Certificate in Interior Decorating
- Proficiency Certificate in Interior Decorating
Interior Design Courses
- Short Course Certificate in Interior Design
- Proficiency Certificate in Interior Design
- Comprehensive Certificate in Interior Design
Here’s what careers you can explore with an Interior Decor and Design qualification. There are several options:
Last Updated: April 14, 2020